Thursday, January 22, 2009

Checking in

I don't even know quite how this works yet...but...I am 48, conceived in a Boston hospital in 1959.

I didn't actually find this out until I was 37 and pregnant with my first (and only) child. My mom came north to visit and dragged me through an hour or more of something she needed to "share" with me before she came out with it (I worried she was going to die soon, so the news I wasn't who I thought I was was a relief at the moment). Seems my "life father" (what do you call the man you grew up thinking of as your father who in an instant turns out not to be that? I haven't figured out a good term for it yet) was not my actual biological father.

If you're reading this most of you have been there and done that by now. It's provided me plenty of food for thought over the years since the revelation and I hope to share those thoughts from time to time here, but for now, this is just a hello to all...

0 Responses to "Checking in"